In recent years, the demand for VoIP development services has surged greatly due to technological improvements, support from different sectors, and usage across various fields. VoIP, also known as Voice over Internet Protocol is an advanced technology that is quickly replacing costly conventional telephone systems. It is simply a phone system that makes voice communication possible over the internet. Unlike the traditional phone line system, the VoIP solution allows callers to communicate with others over an internet connection. Instead of traveling via the old public switched telephone network, the voice is transferred over the Internet Protocol.
The technology empowers superior functionalities including voice calling, video calling, and texting at cost-effective rates. As more and more people, as well as businesses, are adopting this technology, the VoIP market is projected to gain a boost during 2020-2025. As per some reports, the global VoIP market is likely to hike from USD 20 billion in the year 2019 to around USD 55 billion by the year 2025. Some of the key benefits of VoIP telephone systems are mentioned below:
- - Lower costs
- - Improved accessibility
- - Complete portability
- - Higher scalability
- - Advanced features for small and large teams
- - Superior voice quality
- - Supports multitasking
- - More flexibility with softphones
With the increasing reliability in VoIP technology, it is exciting to explore and follow the trends in this sector to ensure you and your business are leveraging the full benefits of this fantastic technology. Let’s have a look at some of the key VoIP technology trends to watch in 2021 and beyond:
- Implementation of 5G Technology: 5G is the fifth-generation wireless network technology that is poised to radically transform internet connectivity. Today’s fast-paced businesses require a communication process that can keep them stay ahead of their competitors. That’s the key reason why the adoption of 5G networks are among the top VoIP market trends today. The major advantages of 5G technology are faster internet speed and shorter response times. With 5G technology, internet users can enjoy an improved mobile broadband connection, faster browsing speeds, and enhanced network capacities. VoIP development services providers can perceive various benefits of having a 5G network such as enhanced data transfer speeds, better connectivity for wearables, high definition video content, consistent and better quality video streaming, and reduced cases of dropped calls. 5G offers a plethora of benefits that can help businesses to go beyond improving their communications. Therefore, investing in this technology can be really beneficial for VoIP service providers.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): In today’s time, one can find Artificial Intelligence (AI) everywhere. Whether it is social media feeds, entertainment apps, or even the sites that users visit, artificial intelligence is used almost everywhere to facilitate interactions without humans. Some of the important AI investments in the field of VoIP include automated customer service agents, sales process automation, and threat prevention. A lot of enterprises have already started implementing AI in their processes and this trend is expected to remain in demand into 2020 and beyond. This is due to the reason that it offers numerous benefits for professionals. For instance, it facilitates the call center industry in improving their service delivery by providing self-help options to assist customers with instant solutions, while enabling call center representatives to focus and respond to more tricky issues. Moreover, AI-enabled chatbots will also grow in use to envisage customer behavior and offer valuable insights to businesses. An insight into customer’s behavior can help businesses to create better sales and marketing strategies.
- Unified Mobile Communications: Due to the growing use of mobile phones and the ability to do assorted tasks using mobile devices, a large number of companies are looking to add solutions that cater to mobile users including the VoIP solution for mobile devices. The amalgamation of 5G technology along with the increased power of mobile devices and their mobility makes them a viable option for businesses that need VoIP services. The mobile VoIP system allows businesses to communicate with people faster and facilitate professional business calls and conferences to take place. This way it helps in increasing productivity and work efficiency of businesses.
With the advancement in technology, VoIP has emerged as a perfect solution in place of traditional phone systems. With time, the usage, revenue, and market share all are growing at a rapid pace and will continue to do so. Businesses, whether small or large, that are embracing VoIP technology can enjoy enterprise-level telephony at just a fraction of the cost.